"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

WISH TO SEE


I stand defined
Not by the four walls of a building
Surrounded, like the rose in the garden.
I am seen as a product that is displayed on a shelf
People know me for what I am 
What I can give
What I can do
They know the people that gave me my name,
My colonizers
But what they don’t know 
Or care to know
Is the life I had before all these
That’s strange.
I mean, you could write more than ten thousand pages of my history
Without exhausting the stories, along with the culture
And yet that part of me is left in the shadow of another’s culture
The culture of those that defined me as ‘Fantastically corrupt’.
What a shame!
I am to be the Giant of this great continent, Africa
The leader that guides the way for the sheep
But that title is what it is.
A mere title!
Bestowed on an undeserving nation.
We may have deserved it,
Once upon a time
But nothing was done to sustain it.
Right now there is a fight in this nation 
A fight of inefficiency v. corruption
Or as I call it Politicians Destroying Progress
Against the Alliance of Political Cheats
At least that is what people see
Because of the ignorance and fear of their minds to see,
Or to provide better, reasonable options.
Let’s escape from the prison that is our minds
That keeps us locked in the terror of the has been
And the negative, to be
Let us focus on the development
Moral order
Justice
Growth
Let us think of new ways with actions that can make this the order
So that when we are insulted
Our heads would be held high with pride 
Not because we have the mouth to speak
But because we have backed up our word with actions seen.

By Chidinma Agbara 

Post a Comment

Featured post

WISH TO SEE

I stand defined Not by the four walls of a building Surrounded, like the rose in the garden. I am seen as a product that is dis...

Blogger templates

About

Total Pageviews

Social