"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

burnt stew


Good morning guys,
How are y’all doing today, it’s yet another beautiful day so I will grace you with my heartfelt words.

Let me tell you a brief story first...
My mom was making a lovely pot of minced meat stew and she suddenly needed to head out. On her way out she tells me,
‘Ginika the stews boiling in the kitchen, it’s almost done so please turn it off in about 5 minutes,’
Now I’m thinking alright I’ll turn it off in about five minutes just as she asked me to. In my attempt to not forget I remain downstairs so that I am as close to the cooking stew as I can possibly be.

Let’s skip to like fifteen minutes later, mind you, the stew is still cooking and then my younger sister asks me, ‘Ginika, have you turned off the cooker!’
I ran into the kitchen but it was too late, the stew had burned. It was still edible but it was burnt all the same.

I’ll leave you all to imagine what I was up to while the stew was burning instead of me paying close attention to it.

The moral of this lovely tale? Hmm, pay attention to whatever it is you’re doing. ‘Anything worth doing is worth doing well’ that’s something my dad says all the time. You can imagine how my mom would’ve reacted when she got home and saw the pot of stew (it was not a pleasant reaction I can assure you).
Take your time to do everything properly because it produces good results. Remember the popular saying, ‘Slow and steady wins the race’ and the final result will definitely put a smile on your face.

Take care,
Ginika

1 comment

  1. I sha knew it’d be you who would title a post ‘burnt stew’😂

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

WISH TO SEE

I stand defined Not by the four walls of a building Surrounded, like the rose in the garden. I am seen as a product that is dis...

Blogger templates

About

Total Pageviews

Social